Why You Should become a Member at GVC
You will receive many benefits just for being a member!
- Most cost effective rate of admission for those who regularly buy Day Passes. A $75/mo membership is the equivalent of paying for about 4 Day Passes, which means you only have to make it in once a week to make your membership ‘worth it’!
- Members receive nearly unlimited access to all climbing areas of the gym as well as access to fitness and training equipment.
- Includes access to all yoga classes.
- Includes access to introduction classes and climber training (yes, the classes instructed by Rob Pizem!)
- Members receive a 15% discount on select equipment offered in our retail shop.
- Free gear rentals for the first month of membership.
- Members receive one free “guest pass” per month to use on a climber during their first visit to GVC. All gear is included so your friend will climb for free!
Being a member at GVC is a fun way to stay active and stay in shape. Its a great means of giving yourself a thought-provoking challenge while providing an interesting physical outlet. A GVC membership gives you a chance to work toward your personal fitness and strength goals in a comfortable environment full of different types of equipment. You will also receive access to our generous schedule of yoga, fitness, and professional climbing training.
Community of Climbers
The greatest benefit to being a member at GVC is having the chance to become a part of the community of climbers that is the back bone of climbing in the Grand Valley. All climbing areas, outdoor and indoor, are influenced and maintained by the “members” that frequent them. Climbers at these areas inherently interact with one another and shares their experiences. We at Grand Valley Climbing will strive to help grow and maintain and educated and aware community of climbers that are eager to help and watch over each other at the gym or outdoors. The members in the community all share a passion for climbing, this allows them the pass on the lessons learned through their experiences with climbing as well as show each other how they like to best enjoy them selves while climbing. The friends you will meet climbing or in a class at GVC can become friends for life! Climbing has that kind of power!
MONTHLY MEMBERSHIPS (month-to-month EFT)
Adult Membership – $75/mo
Initiation fee of $40. No cancellation fee.
Student Membership – $60/mo
Initiation fee of $30. No cancellation fee.
Student ID with an expiration date or proof of current semester schedule required.
Couples Membership (2 people) – $119/mo
Initiation fee of $50. No cancellation fee.
Family Membership (3+ people) – $144/mo
4th person added: +$25/mo
Any additional persons added: +$12/mo
Initiation fee (ask desk). No cancellation fee.
*If adding an additional person to your account changes your membership type (ex. Individual to Couples membership or Couples to Family membership) then there is a $10 add-on Initiation Fee for that individual.
*cancellations must be made prior to the 14th of the month
- Full climbing access
- Access to training and fitness areas
- Weights and Cardio training equipment
- Yoga classes
- Fitness classes
- 15% discount in pro shop(select items)
- 1 guest pass per month (for first time visitors)
- Free rental gear for the first 30 days
- Discounts on classes and instruction.
- Member only events.
- Moon Board usage
- Monthly buddy pass for buddies that have not yet visited GVC
- Free top rope class
- Community and Events
CANCELLATION AND FREEZING
- Please do all freezing and cancellations online. please change membership here
- Members can freeze their memberships indefinitely for $10/per per individual.
- Membership status change requests must be made within the first two weeks of the month prior to the desired freeze date. This means that if you would like your membership cancelled or frozen on March 8th, 2018, you must submit a form by February 14th, 2018.
- The billing date is on the 8th of every month.
- If a membership began before January 1st, 2019 is cancelled or frozen they will be automatically subject to the pricing changes that begin January 1st, 2020.
10 Visit Punch Card – $180
Punch Cards include the following:
- Access to all climbing areas
- Access to training and fitness areas
- Ability to share punches with friends and family
- Discounts on classes, yoga, and instruction
- No expiration date
- Punch Cards do not include gear rentals.
EFT ALTERNATIVE MEMBERSHIP OPTIONS
One Month Paid-in-Full Membership – $89
One Year Paid-in-Full Membership – $800