Before beginning any sort of fitness regimen, check with your physician, particularly if you have had any sort of heart problems or other medical conditions that prevent you from being active. We do not have a medic on staff to help. If you are injured, you must seek your own medical treatment.
I understand that I am responsible for clipping myself into and rope your auto belay and/or clipping in any minor I am signing for.
All participants must agree to follow all gym rules, policies, and procedures. If anyone is not aware or has questions about gym rules, they must notify staff.
I UNDERSTAND THAT I AM NOT ALLOWED TO INSTRUCT OTHERS ON BELAY, BOULDERING, OR AUTO BELAY TECHNIQUES IN THE FACILITY
WARNING: Climbing is DANGEROUS and has an inherent risk to all those participating, and can result in injury, paralysis, or even death. When you or the minors in your care participate in any activity at Grand Valley Climbing, you voluntarily assume all risk associated with climbing and related activities. These rules were designed to keep you safe. Please follow them closely, and please be careful.
- No bouldering if under the age of 14 without direct parental supervision.
- No one under 14 years of age may belay.
- No one under the age of 18 may use the fitness equipment.
- No un-roped climbing higher than 15 feet.
- No unsupervised drop-offs at any time. Parents or chaperones must be supervising their children at all times.
- No jumping off of any structures.
- No running, rough-housing, horseplay, or acrobatics.
- No yelling or highly distracting noises.
- No climbing while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- No food or drink on padding.
- No barefoot climbing. Sneakers must be worn at all times while climbing.
- Never stand, sit, or lie down underneath the walls where someone could fall on you. Be careful when walking under walls. Be vigilant, and watch for climbers.
- Never climb above, below, or near another climber.
- Do not top out any boulder problems not on free-standing boulder.
- Beware of hazards, any sort of object on the ground can result in injury if fallen on. Move them before you climb.
- Beware or any route setting, or construction work, and steer clear of it.
- Adhere to all warning signs posted in facility.
- Everyone must have a completed waiver on file. Anyone under the age of 18 must have that waiver signed by a legal guardian.
- Everyone must have a completed Gym Orientation on file. Anyone under the age of 14 must be accompanied by a parent or chaperone during the Gym Orientation.
- If you notice any problems or concern with any equipment, immediately notify the staff.
- Everyone must check-in at the front desk before using the facility. If you do not, you will be asked to leave.