Dear Camp, 2023 Parents,
It is with much joy and eagerness that I welcome you to Camp 2023. Grand Valley Climbing Administration and all the camp staff are so excited to see your children. We have been hard at work preparing the details of camp to make it a safe and successful experience for your children.
After reviewing the details outlined below, if you have additional questions regarding camp, please reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2023 Camp Dates and Hours
- Camp dates our available on our website
- Regular camp hours are as follows:
- All camper’s must be picked up no later than 4:10 PM each day.
- Reminder that GVC is closed on Christmas eve and day for camps.
Camper Drop-off and Pick-Up Procedures*
Campers will be greeted by GVC staff at the front desk. Please make sure that you have filled out a waiver for your child prior to arrival or you will have to have this filled out at arrival.
If your child is presenting with any of the following symptoms, please do not bring them to camp.
- Fever 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or above
- Dry coughing
- Shortness of breath/trouble breathing
- Sore throat
- Gastrointestinal symptoms (nausea, vomiting, and / or diarrhea)
- Muscle aches or pains
- Is a test/result pending?
What to Bring to Camp
We ask that any items brought to camp be labeled with the camper’s name.
- Water bottles and lunch boxes will need to be taken home daily and washed before being brought back to camp the following day.
- Lunches and Snacks must contain all the needed utensils and dishes for the camper to successfully enjoy their food.
- We do have microwaves for the children’s meal if needed.
- All campers will be required to bring their own lunches.
- Please understand that we require our campers to take at least a 30-minute lunch break, if your child eats fast and will be sitting there “bored” please provide a book they might like to read while waiting for lunch to end.
- We do have a 15-minute snack break one time throughout the day. There are also many “drink your water, hydration” breaks throughout the day.
We have planned many climbing movement activities, team building and educational activities as part of this year’s summers camp curriculum.
Please remember that a schedule is required to be followed for the safety of all the children in the class. If all children are not present at the beginning of camp, they will miss the orientation and need to be taught separately upon arrival. If our staff has not started at exactly at 9AM it is most likely because all the children are not present yet for the day’s orientation. Safety must be our number one priority so all camper’s harness and safety equipment must be checked prior to starting our camp day. Please be patient with our staff as they set your children and the group up for a successful day.
- Top Rope Climbing with staff belaying and True-Blue Auto Belays
- Harness Education
Please reach out with any questions or concerns and just a reminder to have that waiver done!
Grand Valley Climbing